Welcome to the Caltech student affairs event registration website!
All student-planned events occurring on Caltech property, or subsidized with Caltech resources, that include
one or more
of the following components must be registered:
On-campus events of
more than 15 attendees
with alcohol service,
for example large parties like Interhouses or small parties like Happy Hours.*
On-campus events of
more than 50 individuals
without alcohol service,
for example ASCIT Cupcake Decorating.
Off-campus events where Caltech funds will be used, for example, House retreats, ski trips, ASCIT and GSC formals, alcohol will be served, or the group is traveling more than 60 miles from campus.
- Any event where chemicals will be used, for example LN2 ice cream.
- Events that include construction activities, for example, Interhouse construction.
- House events, GSC, and ASCIT sponsored events off campus.
- Undergrad Formal Dinners.
* Catalina Recreation Rooms must use a bartender when more than 25 attendees.
- Interhouse events must be approved by the community in advance of the academic year.
- Large parties must be registered 4 weeks in advance.
- Off campus events must be registered 4 weeks in advance.
- Small parties must be registered 2 weeks in advance.
The approval process must begin before advertising the event, alcohol purchases for the event, and ANY construction can take place. If the approval process is started any less than the Registration Timeline, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time. Similarly if construction is not completed and approved by
noon 2 working days prior
to the event, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time. Failure to receive approval in time will result in postponement of the event.
All registered events must have the following:
Professional bartenders, hired by Caltech, must serve all alcohol, and wristbands must be used. If alcohol is being served, an equal amount of water and an appropriate amount of substantial food must also be provided.
Orange Watch Volunteers:
Orange Watch is a student oversight program that is part of Caltech’s commitment to monitoring and managing safe events. Orange Watch (OW) consists of a team of students trained by Caltech in party management. A reasonable number of OW volunteers are expected at social events that include alcohol.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Event Coordinator, Sue Chiarchiaro, at x6194 or email@example.com.