Welcome to the Caltech student affairs event registration website!
All student-planned events occurring on Caltech property, or subsidized with Caltech resources, that include
one or more
of the following components must be registered:
- Over 50 individuals will be present.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served or consumed and more than 15 individuals will be present.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served or consumed and underage students will be in attendance.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served or consumed in any common area (lounge, dining hall, hallways, courtyard, etc.)
Professional bartenders, hired by Caltech, must serve all alcohol, and wristbands must be used. If alcohol is being served, an equal amount of water and an appropriate amount of substantial food must also be provided.
- Amplified music or a band will be used.
- Construction will occur.
- Materials or chemicals requiring special handling will be used.
- The event could contravene institutional policy.
- Formal Dinner Policy
Each event that includes alcohol requires two social hosts. Both hosts must be 21-years of age or older, have read the
Social Host Training PDF,
and have taken the
Social Host Quiz.
The approval process must begin before advertising the event, alcohol purchases for the event, and ANY construction can take place.
If the approval process is started any less than
2 weeks ahead of time,
we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time. Similarly if construction is not completed and approved by
noon 2 working days prior
to the event, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved in time. Failure to receive approval in time will result in postponement of the event.
Professional bartenders, hired by Caltech, must serve all alcohol.
If you have any questions, please contact Sue Chiarchiaro at x6194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.